Windsor Windows & Doors is a leading manufacturer of wood and vinyl windows and patio doors.
This role requires a seasoned Warehouse Management and Inventory Control professional who is technically strong in Warehouse Management and Inventory Control best practices. The position provides leadership, control, and vision to drive accurate, standardized, and timely Warehouse Management and Inventory processes. They lead, mentor, and develop a team of 15-20 direct reports. They develop and maintain KPI’s, metrics, tools, policies, and SOP’s and id responsible for the site’s Warehouse Management and Inventory Control performance
• Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the warehouse / receiving activities for the personnel under your direct control.
• Ensure the continuous development, documentation and training of employees on effective and efficient work methodologies.
• Monitor and motivate the workforce constantly to ensure completion of warehouse/receiving tasks, on-time.
• Responsible for accurate reporting of daily activities to respective Materials Manager.
• Provide accurate reporting detailing weekly material pull accuracy and quantity of pulls completed by day.
• Ensure the department’s safety / housekeeping program is maintained at all times.
• Responsible for enforcing all company policies and to use the Human Resource department for clarification on any and all policies.
• Responsible for driving continuous improvement in all operating processes.
• All other duties or tasks specified by the Materials Manager in accordance with business requirements.
• Demonstrates leadership skills in team and process development, implementation, monitoring, and reporting
• Creative thinker who is willing to challenge the status quo.
• Results oriented, data driven, and will to assume responsibility.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated abi8lity to tailor according to audience and circumstance.
• Must have strong computer skill with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, ERP system navigation and reporting.
• Conscientious, dependable, and committed to the role, team and company.
• Exceptional problem solving skills, attention to detail, organizational skill, and memory skills.
• Must maintain a healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing company standards, policies, and procedures as well as those required by state and federal law. Must stay current on all OSHA regulations and requirements as relevant to the area of responsibility.
• Monitor the ERP drivers that control Warehouse Management and Inventory Control activities and ensure they are properly and consistently deployed.
• Become a SME (subject matter expert) as it relates to the Window Division Warehouse Management and Inventory Control.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of training guides and SOP’s.
• Actively engage in system implementations upgrades, and enhancements and assist super-users and site coordinators in the training of end-users.
• Collaborate with other functional areas and team members to achieve division as well as site specific production, inventory, warehouse, and quality goals.
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth operations and proper communications are maintained
• Initiate, oversee, and actively engage in continuous improvement projects aimed at reducing costs and increasing profitability, such as; safety, resource optimization, economy of movement, space utilization, transaction accuracy, damage reduction, facility cleanliness, etc.
• Develop and maintain processes which ensure warehouse accuracy metrics are met or exceeded.
• Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor consistent, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control audit strategies.
• Perform audits and analysis of adjustment, trends, and performance metrics specific to Warehouse Management and Inventory Control activities.
• Perform root cause analysis to identify procedural or control weaknesses and administer corrective actions.
• Provide management with detailed causes for gaps between targeted verses actual performance as well as corrective action plans and deadlines to achieve the targeted state.
• Assist in the development, creation, and improvement of the KPI’s and metrics used to identify the effectiveness of improvement projects as well as progress toward achieving goals.
• Promote an atmosphere of empowerment, creativity, interactive participation, and self- improvement.
• Support and assist site coordinators in developing and enhancing warehouse/bin structures, material flows, space optimization, and fixed equipment layouts.
• Maintain regular, open, ongoing communications with sire liaisons and ensure teams are kept abreast of changes, developments and performance.
• Responsible for all areas of personnel management including; hiring, training, mentoring, developing, performing regular performance appraisals, coaching, developing corrective action plans , and terminations.
• Provide employees with the tools and training necessary to achieve success for the company and themselves both now and in the future.
• Ensure Warehouse Management and Inventory Control staff levels are maintained to match the individual needs to each site.
A four year degree in supply chain, operations management, or related field, or an equivalent direct experience in Warehouse Management and Inventory Control within a high volume manufacturing environment. Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role. Well-developed understanding of how to utilize an ERP system for the administration of warehouse functions and inventory control. SAP WM experience desired. APICS CPIM certification a plus.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
Five years’ experience, typically obtained through work in area or related area, as lead person or comparable position. College degree preferred. High school education required or equivalent GED. Must possess good communication skills, problem solving abilities, ability to coordinate activities and multiple functions. Proven leadership and team building skills. Excellent written and oral/interpersonal skills.
Microsoft application skills needed; Word and Excel.
Candidates Must Apply By:
Submit a current resume no later than July 5, 2018 with job title in the subject line.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group and supplemental life insurance and disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
Windsor Windows and Doors
– 900 South 19th Street, West Des Moines, IA 50265
Email Us to Apply