Woodgrain Millwork is one of the largest millwork companies in the world. Our strategy of vertical integration allows the company to bring high quality products to market competitively. With aggressive growth, experienced management, and a passion for perfection, Woodgrain is an industry leader. With over 60 years in the millwork business, Woodgrain continues to build on its tradition of excellence as a market leader.
The Transportation Planner is responsible for the coordination of daily transportation activities across multiple Woodgrain facilities. Perform specific tasks dedicated to the use of the corporate SAP Transportation Management system for outbound and inbound carrier selection based on cost, service and level of commitment. Other activities include shipment expediting, reroutes, returns, track and trace, freight claims management reporting, driver supervision etc. Interface and provide customer service support to Account Managers, Finance, and customers related to transportation, and logistics services provided by Woodgrain.
The Transportation Planner will also be knowledgeable of all company operations, warehouse and transportation, as well as all process and procedures related to the day-to-day business.
• Plan all outbound customer delivery orders, while meeting Precise Delivery Times, maximizing trailer cube and minimizing miles driven while also reducing empty miles.
• Utilize the SAP Transportation Management to plan, schedule, and route supplier pickups as backhaul returns.
• Monitor service level performance and meet internal reporting requirements.
• Maintaining truck routing environment and route optimization in TM.
• Maintain accurate route plan data from daily routing logs and report results as requested.
• Review transportation metrics to suggest and implement steps to achieve improvements.
• Perform “what if” routing analysis and continually strive to find more efficient ways to route and reduce transportation costs.
• Maintenance and input of all transportation data in SAP/TM.
• Managing the assignment of trailers to routes and assign driver to trailer.
• Know the capacity/availability of drivers and tractors at each location.
• Analyzes data from modeling software, geographic information systems or associated databases.
• Cross train with other functions within the transportation department.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Individual should have strong computer skills with proficiency Microsoft Office software programs and have moderate understanding of ERP and TMS applications preferably SAP.
• Highly analytical with the ability to understand and resolve complex operational issues involving numerous ever changing variables and constraints.
• Creativity to identify new methods and processes, determine impact, and develop implementation plan.
• Good listening, organizational, and time management skills. Should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and also the ability to work independently.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare and format reports.
• Individual should have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Individual should have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and also have data analysis and reporting experience.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Four year college degree
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
Minimum of two years of extensive experience in Transportation Planning Operations.
Candidates Must Apply By:
Please submit a current resume with job title in the subject line no later than May 31, 2018.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group and supplemental life insurance and disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
– 471 82 W, Leesburg, GA 31763
Email Us to Apply