Woodgrain Millwork is proud to be a family owned and operated manufacturer with over 60 years of product innovation, quality service, and business growth. Woodgrain Millwork’s diverse product offering includes wood molding, prefinished molding, wood door shop parts and products, and wood window parts, as well as many branded products. Woodgrain is a worldwide manufacturer and is proud to be one of the largest millwork operations today.
Woodgrain has an exciting, opportunity for a Staff Accountant. This individual is responsible for performing a wide range of accounting related duties on a professional level. A key part of this role is to provide data and information to business leaders, allowing them to make the best decisions for the business. The work of the Staff Accountant plays an integral part in many strategic decisions, and therefore the integrity of the work is critical. The Staff Accountant is a highly trusted member of the Millwork Accounting team.
This position is based out of Woodgrain Millwork’s Marion, Virginia and Lenoir, North Carolina.
The Staff Accountant displays a high knowledge of accounting practices and assists in achieving accounting objectives. Job responsibilities include:
• Commitment to working in a team oriented and continuous improvement environment.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Ability to define and analyze problems and develop timely and effective solutions.
• Demonstrate skills in planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with an analytical methodology.
• Must have strong problem solving and decision making skills with the judgment to identify and escalate issues of high importance or risk to management
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and accomplish assignments through the work of others
• Must work well with diverse personalities and be able to gain respect and influence among coworkers
• Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Pro Active and hands on.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality on all assignments. Share only with those that need to know.
• Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system.
• Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
• Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
• Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
• Update standard costs in the bill of materials
• Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
• Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end-close.
• Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Solid knowledge of GAAP.
• Extensive management and supervisory experience
• Master’s degree and CPA are desirable.
• Working knowledge of MS office with a strong proficiency in Excel
• SAP experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required.
• Minimum of 2 years accounting experience is required.
Candidates Must Apply By:
Submit a current resume with job title in the subject line.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, term life insurance, disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
– 810 Complex St. SW Lenoir, NC 28645
- 4615 Lee Hwy PO Box 948 Marion, VA 24354
Email Us to Apply