SawFitter/Filer – Swing
Woodgrain Millwork is proud to be a family owned and operated manufacturer with over 60 years of product innovation, quality service, and business growth. Woodgrain Millwork’s diverse product offering includes wood molding, prefinished molding, wood door shop parts and products, and wood window parts, as well as many branded products. Woodgrain is a worldwide manufacturer and is proud to be one of the largest millwork operations today.
Our newest facility is in Emmett, Idaho. This is a state-of-the-art sawmill, utilizing the best modern techniques, machinery, processes and equipment.
The Fitter/Filer is responsible for saw filing activities for the Emmett Sawmill. The Fitter/Filer will be directly involved with the maintenance and repair of saws and collaborates with the maintenance on machine upkeep in the sawmill. Extensive sawmill experience is called upon for the safe, effective, and efficient operation of the plant. The Fitter/Filer will directly report to the head saw filer on a daily basis and keep up daily filing tasks.
• Performs preventive maintenance procedures, including the ability to inspect equipment for signs of wear/damage and recognize unsafe conditions.
• Repairs bandsaw and circular saw blades according to required specifications, using handtools, machine tools, and welding equipment.
• Brazes or welds cracks in saw blades.
• Performs all aspects of saw blade sharpening, benching and repair.
• Maintains saw filing equipment and an organized Filing Room.
• Ensures proper machine alignment to produce specified cut.
• Collaborates with management and maintenance for scheduling for service work.
• Communicates with management as to quality control issues.
• Develops standard practices and procedures to insure that all products are of the highest quality.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledgeable in the preventive maintenance process.
• Demonstrated leadership in sawmill safety.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong understanding of machines and saws in the sawmills and production flow.
• High School Diploma/GED (or higher).
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
• Minimum of 2 years’ saw filing experience in a sawmill environment.
• Experience in fitting round and band saws, tensioning and leveling round saws / band saws, and welding.
Candidates Must Apply By:
Submit a current resume with job title in the subject line.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group and supplemental life insurance and disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
– 500 W. Main St. Emmett, ID 83617
Email Us to Apply