Woodgrain Millwork is one of the largest millwork companies in the world. Our strategy of vertical integration allows the company to bring high quality products to market competitively. With aggressive growth, experienced management, and a passion for perfection, Woodgrain is an industry leader. With over 60 years in the millwork business, Woodgrain continues to build on its tradition of excellence as a market leader
This position is responsible for applying production strategies, planned independent requirements, and actual demand to create attainable production schedules. MRP and CRP functionality within ERP systems are to be utilized in assessing: material availability, WIP, work center load, potential bottlenecks or capacity constraints, and actual vs projected throughput. This position will then coordinate efforts with manufacturing, warehousing, sales, supply chain, and management to alter and/or expedite schedules caused by unforeseen circumstances. Due to this position having significant impact on customer service and manufacturing activity, the Production Scheduler must be a creative thinker who is willing to challenge status quo with a demonstrated ability to make sound decisions.
• Safety is the upmost priority. Maintains a healthy work environment by following and enforcing company standards, policies, and procedures as well as those required by state and federal law.
• Enhance ship on time of all orders through the development and release of achievable production schedules for assigned work centers.
• Appropriately adjust production schedules to accommodate customer order changes or expedites.
• Monitor workloads verses raw materials and capacity constraints then communicate imbalances or potential risks to appropriate parties.
• Evaluate component shortages to ensure material availability prior to production order release to manufacturing.
• Evaluate material flow through manufacturing to identify critical bottlenecks and provide detailed scheduling considerations for those areas.
• Identify, categorize, and document “like-type” products and product families to ensure maximum efficiency of daily schedules.
• Responsible for production order validity, maintenance, and accuracy.
• Identify and communicate risks and opportunities associated with achievement of production plans.
• Monitor daily manufacturing performance indicators to quickly address issues such as component shortages or machine center down-time.
• Assist and guide operations in the execution of detailed sequencing to accomplish production goals and enhance schedule completion.
• Monitor and coordinate with manufacturing to ensure schedule adherence and on time completion of materials.
• Work with those responsible for resolving supplier issues which result in schedule discrepancies.
• Proficiency in work center throughput capabilities, process constraints, run rates, and set-up considerations.
• Maintain valid work center capacity values within ERP systems.
• Maintain valid material run rates within ERP systems
• Act as a liaison between division level master scheduler/demand planner and site level stakeholders.
• Must maintain a close working relationship with the all functional departments to ensure proper linkage.
• Administers the tracking and reporting on production performance and back logs.
• Provides management with detailed causes for gaps between the stated plan and actual schedule.
• Creates and maintains BOMs and routings.
• Optimizes material utilization while simultaneously ensuring customer requirements are met
• Identification and disposition of slow moving and obsolete inventory.
• Quoting production lead times to sales, sister division procurement, management, or other individuals as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 2+ years of production scheduling experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize software solutions in a production environment.
• Strong proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with SAP PP module a plus.
• A bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field.
Candidates Must Apply By:
Submit resume no later than July 5, 2018 with job title in the subject line.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group and supplemental life insurance and disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
– 300 Northwest 16th Street, Fruitland, ID 83619
Email Us to Apply