Millwright – Swing & Weekends
Woodgrain Millwork is proud to be a family owned and operated manufacturer with over 60 years of product innovation, quality service, and business growth. Woodgrain Millwork’s diverse product offering includes wood molding, prefinished molding, wood door shop parts and products, and wood window parts, as well as many branded products. Woodgrain is a worldwide manufacturer and is proud to be one of the largest millwork operations today.
Our newest facility is our sawmill in Emmett, Idaho. This facility is a state-of-the-art sawmill, utilizing the best modern techniques, machinery, processes and equipment.
The Millwright is a skilled tradesman who installs, dismantles, repairs, reassembles and moves industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for the sawmill. This individual uses a stong knowledge of equipment capabilities, as well as an understanding of blueprints and technical instructions, to update the equipment for the sawmill.
• Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
• Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
• Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions.
• Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
• Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
• Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
• Conduct regular inspections of the workplace for preventive maintenance purposes.
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery. Ensure the proper care for machinery, equipment, fittings, and bearings on a regular basis to maintain machinery and equipment is in good operating condition.
• Repairs or replaces chains, bearings, belt conveyors, gearboxes/drive chains,
• Repairs or replaces major machine centers such as debarkers, horizontal resaw, trimmer, sorter, and edger
Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to read blueprints and technical specifications.
• Ability to weld and fabricate steel.
• Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to relate and positively interact with team members.
• Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
• Ability to think critically and take proper action.
• Detail oriented and work accuracy focus.
• Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
• 2 year Associate’s Degree or equivalent years of relevant training.
• Completion of a formal apprenticeship program preferred.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
• 5 or more years of experience as a Millwright.
Candidates Must Apply By:
Submit a current resume with job title in the subject line no later than July 11, 2018.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group and supplemental life insurance and disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
– 500 W. Main St. Emmett, ID 83617
Email Us to Apply