Human Resource Manager
Woodgrain Millwork is one of the largest millwork companies in the world. Our strategy of vertical integration allows the company to bring high quality products to market competitively. With aggressive growth, experienced management, and a passion for perfection, Woodgrain is an industry leader. With over 60 years in the millwork business, Woodgrain continues to build on its tradition of excellence as a market leader.
The HR Manager enhances the organization’s human resources by developing, directing, and administering human resources activities and policies. The HR Manager plays an integral role in implementing strategy, driving change, and achieving strong business results. Through this ownership of HR activities, the HR Manager works to position Woodgrain as the employer of choice. Areas of focus include recruiting, retention, and rewarding of employees.
To be successful, the HR Manager must strategically look at HR activities in determining how they affect the business as a whole. A high level of human resources expertise, leadership, and business acumen is needed in order to assist site management in achieving business objectives. The HR Manager brings the necessary characteristics to thrive in Woodgrain culture and exemplifies the company values of Integrity, Safety, Servant Leadership, Respect for People, and Customer Focus.
• Partner with management to identify, strengthen, and build leadership and management bench strength.
• Establish and reinforce Woodgrain culture and values.
• Implement Woodgrain’s compensation strategy to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
• Partner with site management to ensure production requirments and talent needs are met.
• Collaborate with leadership to create and maintain an HR budget that can achieve business goals.
• Ensure process discipline for all HR related activities of the operation.
• Oversee maintenance and entry of HR and payroll information to ensure accuracy.
• Manage the recruitment and hiring process, including new hire onboarding.
• Manage benefits administration and effectively respond to any benefits related concerns.
• Ensure proper administration of annual performance reviews, merit increases and incentive payouts to create a culture of empowerment and accountability.
• Assist managers with progressive discipline and the termination process to ensure all employees are treated fairly and with respect.
• Provide guidance on Return-to-Work (RTW) cases. Work with managers to resolve cases and reduce duration of time away from work.
Training & Development
• Train site management and supervisors on Woodgrain standard operating procedures and suggest updates to best practices.
• Train and develop HR generalists and other HR clerical staff.
• Work with site management to train on HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations to ensure compliance.
• Actively engage in empowering the growth and development of all employees.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and changes impacting the HR field.
• Grow in professional development and maintain professional HR certification. Seek additional responsibilities.
Safety and Compliance
• Champion safety by working with managers and employees to ensure a safe workplace. Actively participate on the safety committee.
• Ensure appropriate employment law compliance with the current workforce and manage any former employee legal issues.
• Use sound judgement in adressing employee relations issues, grievances, workers comp, and needed investigations.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Ability to professionally communicate on controversial/complex topics and skill at conflict resolution.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and 3-4 years HR experience OR
Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field and 1-2 years HR experience OR
Equivelant combination of education and experience.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
• Human Resources certification (PHR, SHRM-CP).
• Highest level of professional conduct, integrity, and accountability.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of technology.
• Ability to motivate and positively influence others, including skills at mentoring, coaching, and training.
• Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using wise judgment that is consistent with
standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and/or law.
• Demonstrated use of change management techniques and principles.
• Excellent leadership skills and service oriented mindset.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or concerns.
Candidates Must Apply By:
Please submit a current resume with job title in the subject line.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group and supplemental life insurance and disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
– 471 82 W, Leesburg, GA 31763
Email Us to Apply