Electrician – Swing
Woodgrain Millwork is proud to be a family owned and operated manufacturer with over 60 years of product innovation, quality service, and business growth. Woodgrain Millwork’s diverse product offering includes wood molding, prefinished molding, wood door shop parts and products, and wood window parts, as well as many branded products. Woodgrain is a worldwide manufacturer and is proud to be one of the largest millwork operations today.
Our newest facility is our sawmill in Emmett, Idaho. This facility is a state-of-the-art sawmill, utilizing the best modern techniques, machinery, processes and equipment.
The Electrician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. This individual must ensure that all work is in accordance with relevant codes and proper safety standards. The Electrician demonstrates expertise in translating electrical systems from the blueprints into actual practice.
A successful Electrician assists in keeping the sawmill operating at a high level and embodies the Woodgrain value of Safety in their work.
• Perform diagnostic testing, calibration and problem corrections.
• Restore electrical equipment to proper working order in a timely fashion.
• Correct any existing or potential electrical safety problems.
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain lighting systems, electric valves and pumps, electrical sensors and mounts as well as electric motors, controllers, and switch gears.
• Stay current on knowledge of national electrical code standards and other associated regulatory guidelines.
• Participate in the calibration, installation, maintenance and repair of electronic and computerized equipment.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance tasks for electrical and electronic equipment as scheduled by the maintenance manager.
• Work cooperatively and jointly with the sawmill maintenance staff to provide quality, seamless customer service for all production department’s electrical needs.
• Read and understand wiring diagrams, and layout drawings for systems or equipment changed in the completion of job duties.
• Work with other maintenance staff to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes as prescribed by the maintenance manager.
• Back-up and document all machine center programs and changes made to them.
• Prepare reports and functional descriptions to allow others to follow the changes being made on all machine centers on a daily basis.
• Take an active role in predictive maintenance to support prompt resolution of problems that have been identified by anyone.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of national electrical code standards and other associated regulatory guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to use electrical and hand tools.
• Demonstrated ability to create electrical drawings and blueprints.
• Ability to relate and positively interact with team members.
• Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
• Ability to think critically and take proper action.
• Detail oriented and work accuracy focus.
• Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people.
• High School diploma or equivalent; Technical school training preferred.
• State or Journeyman Electrical License, or the ability to obtain such license within 1 year of hire.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
• 2 or more years experience in electrical installation, troubleshooting, and repair; Proven experience as an electrician.
• PLC experience preferred.
• Programming experience a plus
Candidates Must Apply By:
Submit a current resume with job title in the subject line no later than July 16, 2018.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group and supplemental life insurance and disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
– 500 W. Main St. Emmett, ID 83617
Email Us to Apply