Plant Accountant – Nampa
Woodgrain has roots that stretch back to 1954, when the founder created the Dame Moulding and Lumber Company in Cedar City, Utah. The legacy of entrepreneurial spirit, ambition, and strong work ethic continues and can be seen throughout Woodgrain. Today, many third-generation family members are involved with Woodgrain and contribute to its continued success day in and day out. As a result, Woodgrain now employs over 2,400 hard-working, respected individuals across the country.
The Plant Accountant will be responsible for preparing monthly journal entries, assisting in the preparation of financial statements, reconciling accounts and working on special projects as requested. Must be committed to working in a team oriented and continuous improvement environment. Reports to the Division Controller. No supervisory responsibilities.
• Manage cost accounting process
• Lead the development and maintenance of standard costs and related cost rolls
• Analyzes actual manufacturing variances and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
• Complete accounting work order closings and analysis of work order variances
• Detailed financial analysis on finished product costs by product line incorporating raw materials and conversion
• Detailed financial analysis on plant efficiency and key performance indicators such as throughputs, downtime, yields, rework, labor etc
• Assist with the month-end financial close process through journal entries, reconciliation, and reporting
• Assist with plant specific accounts payable and invoicing functions.
• Analyze purchase price variance
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
- Microsoft, Excel and Access proficiencies
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Candidates Must Apply By:
Please submit a current resume with job title in the subject line.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Woodgrain has a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, group and supplemental life insurance and disability, 401(k), and other valuable benefits.
– 1201 West Karcher Road, Nampa, ID 83652
Email Us to Apply